Hot Off The Runway! Fall 2018 Fur Fashion Trends to Incorporate in Your Style This Season
It’s the nod to yesteryear sumptuousness and the wink at current fashion trends that make for a fun fur experience right now. Long-haired furs or short-haired furs, sophisticated classic shades or exuberantly colorful hues — whatever you want in a fur, you will find it among this season’s fashions. The trick is in styling fur fashion your way, making your own fashion statement. Indeed, your creativity is the dash of spice that makes fall furs standouts among this year’s fashions.
Pairing fabulous new furs with favorite items in your existing wardrobe, for example — or even with items you no longer love so much — instantly transforms those pieces. The overall look is nothing short of dynamic. That’s the fashion power of fur. Likewise, the combination of fur with trendy elements from the fall fashion collections simply sizzles.
Whether it’s the sassiness of menswear fabrics styled for women, the overtly feminine designs in bold florals or myriad eye-catching designs in between, the addition of fur in either traditional or modern designs becomes the piece de resistance for the look you put together. Yes, it really is all about your style.
So, to inspire your own fall stylings, we offer several fall 2018 fur fashion trends to incorporate in your style this season. Including classic as well as cutting-edge looks in fur retail, consider everything from fur coats and vests to simple fur collars and cuffs plus so much more as you make these styles your own.
- Patchwork patterns – A recurrent theme throughout the fall fashion collections, patchwork finds its way into furs as well. It’s a touch of whimsy, taking fur to a fun level, while still injecting a note of luxury and refinement into your look. In the gorgeous long lengths so popular now, this patchwork design coordinates equally well with jeans for the weekend as with a suit for the office in menswears fabric, another big trend of the season. Add a leather belt, tied at the waist and your style is unquestionably au courant.
- Fur jackets – Hip level and decidedly chic, fur jackets are the ideal accompaniment to any pants, from jeans and dress slacks to sleek black leather and curve-hugging jumpsuits. Equally sensational is the coupling of slinky slip dresses — yes, they’re back as well — with these big, cozy jackets. Beyond their utilitarian use for winter warmth, these jackets offer endless style. Whether you select the glamour of a long-haired fox, for instance, the plush softness of beaver or the ultimate elegance of mink, the result is always striking.
- Colorful Fur – Color is everywhere in fall 2018 fashions, popping up in vivid floral and ethnic patterns, neon pieces, and even in strong plaids and bright-hued animal prints. So, it stands to reason that colorful furs would abound this season as well. Indeed, when pure fun is the name of the game, a fur in a bold color is the item of choice. Topping an ensemble of the same shade — think monochromatic style in a white jumpsuit or a vibrant yellow dress — a coordinating fur becomes the focal point of the look.
- Fur Vests – Slipping into a fur vest is pure pleasure this season. First, not only are they a sensory delight, the range of colors and patterns means you could easily build your fall wardrobe around this single piece. From patchwork patterns to stripes, fur vests are the fashion piece that puts swag in your wardrobe. Moreover, getting the proportions right by coupling an oversized vest with a fitted garment beneath makes a fabulous silhouette. Partner your fur vest with your most flattering skinny jeans, a sultry leather skirt or pants, a cool jumpsuit or one of the season’s silky dresses or pantsuits for a polished look every time.
- Collars – Wide and luscious, fur collars add allure to an otherwise ordinary coat. It’s a sensory experience as much as a fashion extravaganza. With fuller coats taking center stage in fashion this season, a wide fur collar balances that width beautifully. From the textural appeal of lamb, beaver or fox, for example, to the fabulous way these furs enhance the look of a coat — and, by extension, your entire ensemble — the appeal of this fur detail is quite evident. Together with a dress of the same length as the coat, you have a knockout look to wear whenever making a grand entrance is in order. Alternatively, paired with any pants, a fur-collared coat elevates even the most casual outfit for work or weekend.
- Cuffs – A simple, even subtle detail, fur cuffs suddenly change a plain or boldly patterned coat into a work of art. It’s the simplicity of the design, the understated charm, that makes fluffy fur at the wrist of a coat, jacket or sweater such a sublime fashion statement. Your coordination of any of these fur-trimmed tops with a leopard-print skirt, for instance, or leather pants creates cutting-edge style that also represents the real you.
- Hems – In a single or double layer, fur at the hem of a garment virtually screams luxury. Certainly not essential, but ever so wonderfully indulgent, fur hems are a beguiling fashion element for fall 2018. This is clearly the case with this fur detail repeatedly showing up on coats, wraps, jackets and dresses. Of course, one of these items is all you need to step out in fashion splendor this season. The versatility of the coats and jackets means they are as well matched with with the flowing print dress currently on trend as with tailored pants. Meanwhile, the wrap is as chic with a daytime suit as with evening apparel. All these pieces need is the swagger you provide.
- Fur Facings – Flowing down a coat or jacket, front and center, and usually accompanied by a fur collar, a fur facing is an almost regal fashion touch. It is the additional accent of opulence that underscores the return to glamour so evident in this fall’s fashions. On a full-length coat, a pea coat or even edging a wrap, fur facing not only upgrades your look, it defines your style as well. Pair a fashion piece trimmed with fur facing with your favorite skinny jeans for instant elegance. For added appeal, outerwear embellished with fur facing is a strikingly avant-garde style with this season’s ultra-feminine floral designs or with fall’s body-conscious leather.
- Scarves – A staple of winter wardrobes, scarves are one of the “it” accessories this fall. Available in an assortment of prints, patterns and fabrics — from wool men’s suiting fabrics to lacy crochet designs — it’s fur scarves that are making their mark in fashion for fall 2018. Take the absolute luxuriousness of mink scarves, for instance. Is there any attire not immediately enhanced by mink? We think not! Likewise, beaver, rabbit and chinchilla make marvelously inviting scarves for both warmth and beauty. Partnered with your version of one of the great suits shown on runways this season or with one of the hot pink dresses that are flying off the racks right now or even with your own jeans worn with a trendy color-splashed or iridescent top, a fur scarf is a sensational option this fall.
- Hats – When winter winds blow and temperatures dip below freezing, you are likely to reach for a hat as you venture outdoors. This season, think fur. Fur hats in mink, fox, beaver or rabbit offer far more than warmth. These hats have unmitigated style. It’s the way you choose to wear it, the tilt of the hat, the pieces you select to wear with it that take fur hats from nice to drop-dead gorgeous. With jeans and one of this season’s oversized sweater, a fur hat is a dash of personality. With a softly flowing dress or tailored suit, it’s the perfect accompaniment. Succinctly put, fur hats rock!
- Headbands – For those times when cozy apparel is what you want, but a hat is just not your style, a headband — specifically, a fur headband — is the answer for fall 2018. Encircling your head, this halo of warmth is also the epitome of style. While fox is often the preferred fur, its long hair making a stunning effect, mink and rabbit are stellar choices as well. What’s more, any fashions that are complemented by a fur hat look equally fabulous with a fur headband. Style your fur headband with the pieces that make you feel beautiful and, with a fur headband, that’s exactly the way you will look.
- Handbags – While handbags are never out of fashion, this season they are noticeable for all the right reasons. In the most desirable shapes and styles, fall’s capacious handbags may well be the only accessory you will want to take with you every day. They are larger this season, beautifully designed and able to coordinate with virtually any daywear. Yet, even in a year of noteworthy bags, fur handbags are conspicuous for their panache. Short-handled and resplendent in mink, for example, these are bags you will wear out to lunch at that hot new restaurant on a weekday or for shopping or movies on a Saturday afternoon.
With this season’s bold colors or classic hues, striking patterns or subtle menswear prints, fur is the fashion piece of choice for fall 2018. Its natural beauty, warmth and elegance make fur a traditional choice. Yet it is its versatility, its ability to be designed into myriad fashion pieces, to be an innovative element of design and to coordinate seamlessly with anything in your current wardrobe as well as all the latest trends that make fur such an ideal selection this fall. Whether you select a fur coat or a vest, or opt for a fur accessory, you will definitely want to incorporate this fashion trend into your style this season.